From:
Venkat Viswanathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Apr 2005 02:02:31 -0500
Original message dt april 08 at 4:59:26 am " Hi,
I recently formatted a computer given to me by a travel agency that no longer
needed it, and installed Win98SE.  Everything seems to be working well, but I
cannot seem to get the sound card to function.

I do not have any drivers for the sound card, and the only number I seem to be
able to find is INTEL 810E. Driver Chipset Intel Whitney i810E.  Although the
drivers on the Intel page have more nmbers and letters to them.  How do I get a
driver to do the job, or do I have to set some other function in motion to get
it to play? Even if I download the driver,what do I do next?
Dianne"

I did a google search and it appears that you have a mobo model M17 WBM with intel 810E chipset with integrated Realtech audio AC 97 and no pci slot sound
card seperately. if i am right pl try the following site for the drivers.

www.soundcard-drivers.com/drivers/21/21043.htm

but before that i suggest you pl (1) make sure that your "line in" connection for the audio is ok (2) confirm my assumption about your integrated AC 97 AUDIO by right clicking "my computer" icon select "properties" select "device manager" scroll down to sound,video, game controllers and see what all are installed.most possibly you will find  a yellow exclamation mark against "audio" and if so click "remove" and ok.
after that shut down and reboot.at reboot windows should detect the audio and ask for the driver. at this stage navigate to the location where you have saved the driver from the above site and windows will automatically install.

If you have any further doubts revert to the forum
thanks and good day--venkat viswanathan

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com