Date:
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 02:10:10 +1000
Robet, remember KISS rule. After removing programs, there are always something left in registry that win98 cannot clean up. Similar story apply to add software into system, software conflicts are common problem these days, not all software will like to work with each other. KISS (keep it simple) rule should apply if you want to keep your windows healthy.
The problem you have experienced could be caused by either win98 corruption, hardware problem or both. if it is software problem, format the HDD and rebuild everything is the known best fix. However, there is a possibility that key components could have problem. I've learned that if you see Fatal error, it is more likely to be hardware. You should also to ensure your computer doesn't have over heat problem, if you see the Fatal error when your computer runs hot, and the error goes away when computer is cool, you should turn off the power and think which cooling solution you should use. The CPU and graphics card are the first thing to check if you have a heat issue as they are the hottest devices inside, harddisk is hot too, so you "must" keep it cool to keep it works.
I have extra cooling fan installed on my computer (under graphics), and placed my 2nd harddisk at a 5" bay with a metal internal zip drive kit (therefor, the bay is open all the time, that saves me $ 'cos I don't have to buy harddisk fan), and I think I still need some extra cooling for my CPU. I don't think most PCs out there have better cooling system than I have, so spend few $ on a good cooling system is always my suggestion.

Jun Qian

"Robet W. Smith" wrote:

> Thanks to all in advance!
> From the beginning i have 32 software applications that have all been working fine.I don't store a lot of anything on the drive such as text files or pics or even application logs such as saved games and so on. The glitch started as icons in the system tray even after getting closed would stay in the tray, even cntrl, alt, del shows it's not running.Then i started getting lock ups randomly with outlook express.The next part is kind of strange,I started getting fatal exceptions to ff0001243 or something like that
> (changes everytime) if i press a button to continue sometimes it will continue to boot and other times it won't and go to a black screen, other times it will load the entire desktop and lock, (cntrl, alt, del) never works not even to shutdown.On boot up the icons that normaly loaded in the system tray started loading in different orders which told me right away it wasn't going to boot properly.Sometimes when it would boot and i received the blue screen of death i could press a button , get the blue screen again, press it again and it would load no problem with everything running properly.I have compared my benchmarks to the orriginal ones at the time of build and they are the same, i have systamaticaly removed apps from boot up leaving only the video card software,soundblaster liveware and Atgaurd and still get the same glitchs'. I'm about ready to format it and start all over but i would like to learn how to correct this problem and possibly prevent it from happening again.

         The NOSPIN Group Promotions is now offering the NOSPIN
        File Download CD, Abit's Gentus Linux, Linux Power CD and
      the RedHat Linux CD.  All CDs are always provided at COST!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions