From:
Jeremy Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 15:52:19 -0700
Yes, by all means you can use that machine to experiment with Linux.  I am
not sure how much luck you will have getting X to run though, but at least
you can learn the text mode.  I currently run (and am emailing you
right now from) Redhat 7.3 on a P120mhz with 80megs of ram.  X 4.0 runs,
Gnome runs (a bit slow but workable) and I use it every day.

And if nothing else, you can just set that computer up to masquerade your
internet connection and firewall your network.  I actually am using a 486
with Redhat 7.3 on it to do that.

But by all means give linux a try.  It is a pretty usefull os.

On Sun, 6 Oct 2002, Marilyn Wilson wrote:

> I want to experiment with Linux.  I have dwl'd Mandrake 9.0 and have an old computer Pentium 120 mhz. with at most 32 meg of Ram.  Would I be able to install and run Mandrake on this?
>
> Marilyn
>

> ---
>
>          PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml