From:
Hal Trachtenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 04:33:37 -0500
> You can never have too much ram! I have 256 MB and I think that it runs
> better especially when I start opening up a lot of demanding programs like
> AOL, WinAmp, Napster, and maybe two or three web pages. My system is an
AMD
> K6-2 500

Bradley
I run the same programs, except AOL, as well as all the other programs that
load at startup,  like my Norton Antivirus & Utilities, ZoneAlarm, DirectCD,
and a CD burner with only 128Mb without any problems at all. I also don't
think there is such a thing as too much RAM, unless you are trying to use
more than what the motherboard allows, but I do believe that many people use
more RAM than what they actually need. 256 is a good amount to have but I
really don't think that most home PCs need more than that. I know some
people who have 512MB, even 768Mb, and I ask them if they are running an
Airport or an Army on their computer. When I look at what they run, they
probably don't even use 128Mb. So you can imagine how much $$$$ was wasted
on unnecessary RAM. Then when I told them that I got a CD-burner guess what
their reply was;  "I wish I could afford one now".  DOH!!!!