From:
Jack Brooks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 12:07:07 -0700
Try running the "Network Setup Wizard" on the XP machines. When you install
a printer on an XP machine to be shared with a 98' or Me machine, you need
to tell it that during installation. Mine asked me. (Epson printer) You'll
have to look in your printer settings.

Hope this helps
Jack Brooks

> Hello all!
>
> The facts:
>
> Network with 1 XP Home, 1 with XP Pro and 1 with Win98.
> The XP Home is where most of the action takes place. Most specifically, it
> has an HP Laserjet 1000 attached to it that the others need to print to.
> Workgroup name is the same on all three, all have different IP addresses
> assigned (192.168.0.xxx). All appropriate drives are shared, as in the
> printer with full read/write permissions. All are firewalled with
Zonealarm,