Date:
Tue, 14 Jul 1998 20:50:37 -0400
I'm looking for recommendations on graphics tablets. I've pretty much
decided on a 12x12 but I'm not sure what brand. I'm wondering what people
have to say about reliability, value and features of the different brands.
Any of them I should avoid? Any that wouldn't be compatible with my software
(CorelDRAW 8, Photoshop 4 and soon Painter 5)?

I doubt I'll have a problem  with system requirements but just in case I'm
running a P200MMX w/ 64 megs (going to 128megs shortly). Is this enough
"guts"? It's obviously enough for the software I'm using, but I don't know
what kind of a load the tablet and drivers will be.

It's my impression that most of these use a serial interface. How will this
work in conjuction with a PS/2 style mouse? Do I have to use the stylus
instead or can I move back and forth between stylus and mouse depending on
what program I'm in or what? Would it work better with a serial mouse? If
they work together, is there any concern in using very proprietary mouse
drivers (Kensington Mouseworks) for my Thinking Mouse?

Any thing else I should be aware of?

TIA

--
Adam Gonsman