From:
John Sproule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 2004 09:37:47 -0400
Are you sure that your ATI AIW 9800 Pro is only a 2X AGP/3.3v card? My
experience has been that ATI makes their newer cards more backward
compatible than many others, meaning that many will support 3.3v, as well as
1.5v.

The ATI website seems to confirm this, at least regarding their current ATI
AIW 9800 Pro,
http://www.ati.com/products/radeon9800/aiw9800pro/features.html; look at the
last item on the bottom of that page.  And this reviewer,
http://www.sharkyextreme.com/hardware/videocards/article.php/3211_3073991__1,
used the card on a i875chipset motherboard (Pentium 4 with AGP 8x) back in
September of last year.  The picture of the card on Sharky's site looks like
the card uses a universal tab.  http://www.ati.com/support/faq/agpchart.html

Of course, you may have something completely different, but I thought you
might want to confirm your fears, before you go spend more money.

(And, hello from Knoxville.)

John Sproule