From:
Cindy Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 14:05:47 -0500
  I have a Compaq ProSignia PII/400mhz running Win98 that I am installing a modem into.  The hardware device manager shows a yellow question mark over the PCI Serial Controller.  I removed it via the hardware manager and then rebooted.  When the computer boots, windows recognizes the serial controller and wants to install it.  The problem is, I can't find a driver for it on the Win98 cd or on the hard drive in the system folder.  Any ideas?  I assume I can't install a PCI
modem until I get the serial controller to work?????   Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

--
Cindy Meyer
Computer Technician

                     visit our download web page at: