From:
Clinton A Worley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 05:43:16 -0500
There is normally no NIC in these systems.
Just a modem and a proprietary interface card that allows me to
communicate with the equipment out on the plant floor.
If I want to access the company network I remove the modem and insert a
3Com NIC that I carry with me.
Not many people in my group even have network logins.
The others are maintenance personal that use these laptops for
troubleshooting.
Clint

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003 09:31:10 +0100 Goran Halfvarson <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> Clint,
>
> basically I agree with David; the machines should be pre-configured
> by the
> pc support staff at your company.
>
> However, if you have the opposite problem; i.e. carrying a laptop
> from one
> company/network to another, then you should try
> http://www.netswitcher.com/ - a great utility. (A think I got the
> hint from
> this list a year ago.)
>
> Good luck!