From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 11:03:37 -0400
You need to "clean off" the drive better than normal.
The only problem with these programs is that the drive must
be accessible in DOS.
IBM (and I think the NoSpin site) have the following utilities:

        ZAP writes the first 128 logical blocks of the drive with 00h
        pattern, starting at Cylinder 0, Head 0, Sector 1.

        WIPE writes the COMPLETE drive with 00h pattern, starting at
        Cylinder 0, Head 0, Sector 1 and ending with Max Cylinder,
        Max Head, and Max Sector.

If that does not work, there is a de-bug script that will do the same thing quicker.
(I can't point you to that. I needed it, but got rid of the drive instead under warranty.)
Good luck,        Rick Glazier