From:
A Cassel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 00:42:08 -0700
Hi all,

Bought a WD 80 Gig HD (8 meg cache) and a Siig ATA 133 controller.  The
set up;

Abit BX-6 Re.2
P3 550
448 Meg RAM
1) WD HD 80 ATA 100 (C, D. E, F, G, H, I)
2) Maxtor 13.4 ATA 33 (J, K, L)
3) Liteon 16X DVD/CD ROM
4) Liteon 32X CD R/RW
5) Liteon 48X CD R/RW

Problem:  Card shows no conflict.  I have tried virtually every possible
combination to get this puppy to work.  WD as master on card IDE 1 and
Maxtor as master on card IDE 2 was the logical starting point.  This
setup results in IOS Window abort error.  System is always unstable when
WD is on card.  Current setup is WD/Maxtor as master/slave on MB IDE #1,
DVD/32X as master/slave on MB IDE #2, 48X as master on Card IDE #1.
This is ridiculous!  System is stable in this configuration, but WD ATA
100 is running at ATA 33.  Siig tech support says they can't see what
I'm doing wrong, if anything.  I'm really getting tired of plugging and
unplugging cables and moving jumpers as drives go from master to slave
and back to master.  I'm using 80 wire cables on the HD's.  Is it time
for me to scream at Siig for my money back?  All I've gained with this
$40 card is the ability to run the second burner.  I can live without
it.  I would like to see the WD drive run at it's reputed speed.  Is
there a problem between Siig cards and WD drives that anyone knows about
or can anyone see what I'm doing wrong?

Art Cassel

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml