From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jul 2011 15:47:49 -0400
Hi Tannis,

No ,it's not too good to be true.
I have used USB transfer cables for several years now.
It's a very convenient way to transfer files.

Actually ,I got the same newsletter and know what you're referring to.
I also just referred to it in my post on PCSOFT
http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?A2=ind1107&L=pcsoft&F=&S=&P=11879

Transferring just data like media files ,documents, photos etc won't be a
problem.
Don't bother using it for programs or personalized settings, it just won't
work or create problems.
However ,it's ok for individual system files to replace corrupt or missing
ones ,so long as they are
a true replacement and can't be found on the troubled system.
(Of course the Win Install DVD is a good source too for missing or corrupted
files)

Peter E.