From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 21:35:47 -0500
> A long while back I had a similar problem with a machine that used NetBEUI
> as the protocol for the local network as well as TCP/IP for internet
> connections.  The internet connection to our router continued to work
> correctly, but all connections within the NetBEUI local network stopped
> working.  After days of troubleshooting, it turned out to be a bad network
> adapter card.

     You know it's funny you mentioned this! I did get the problem fixed (it
turned out to be a corrupted service that was hogging all resources and for
some reason only ran when I had Client for Microsoft Networks bound to
NetBEUI, weird), but while I was working on the problem my DSL connection
quit! :( It was just that kind of day!. Anyways, I called my ISP and they
said there was nothing wrong but they would call me back. I left it. The
next day I tried the connection through my other card and it worked! The NIC
died on me (it transmits but it doesn't receive anything for some reason).
That has NEVER happened to me before, sure I have had computer hardware fail
but it has always been because I was doing something weird with it. I've
never had computer hardware fail out of the blue like that. It was not like
it was new either, I've had that card in there for years now. Anyways,
thanks for the help. TTYL

                         PCBUILD's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>