From:
"Chris W. Street" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 15:14:24 EST
In a message dated 3/15/02 10:56:50 AM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Hello All. First thank you for these great posts, they have helped me pass
the A+ hardware exam. Now for my first post! I need to delete the icons in my
system tray so my computer boots faster. I remember doing this once, but
forgot the correct steps. My info; IBM 266 running Win ME, 96 megs of ram,
2.1 gig hd.
 TIA, Rocky. >>
You can turn off the system tray and that will remove the icons from your
toolbar. To do this click start, run and type msconfig and click OK. Click
the startup tab at the top right then remove the check mark to the left of
system tray by clicking on it and click OK. You may have to restart your
computer. This will remove the system tray icons, to put them back do
everything the same and put the check mark back. You can turn lots of things
on and off in there. Hope this helps,
Chris W. Street.