From:
Tony Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 2004 09:18:14 -0700
I'll let the more experienced people answer your questions about moving
your data.  But I will say that yu could download the firewall and
antivirus programs now (on your Win98se system), burn them to a CD and then
install them on the new machine before you even connect to the internet.
That's what I do when setting up new machines.

Good Luck :)

Tnoy Mayer

>Also, would the firewall that comes with XP be enough to protect me for
>however long it takes to get online and download a third party firewall,
>and any necessary XP updates?
>Carol Hanson

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com