From:
GeorgeMary Skokan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 07:02:46 -0700
I don't remember the place on the web, but following their advice on a Color Stylus 500 and 600, I did the following;
Move the printheads off the spongy, anti-drying assembly and put a few drops of windex on the sponge.  Let it set for
a while (it took overnight for one) and go through the cleaning cycles.  Then print.....if improved, but not what you
want, do it again.     HTH

Date:    Sun, 9 Nov 2003 19:30:59 -0500
From:    Jim Cooley <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Epson Print heads

I live in 2 houses, 6 mos in each, and have 2 printers, Epson Stylus =
Photo 600 and 700.  The color heads clogged, probably due to being idle =
6 months. =20
1.  Is it possible or practical to replace the print heads?
2.  I understand that HP cartridges include the print heads so will not =
give me this problem.  Is this so?
Thanks in advance.
Jim Cooley  [log in to unmask]

------------------------------

Date:    Mon, 10 Nov 2003 17:03:28 -0000
From:    m_sayer_ <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Epson Print heads

I also would appreciate a reply to this one as I too have 2 Epson inkjet
printers, 760 and 640. They usually print very well, especially the 760.
I'm certain I've got a case of the 'clogged nozzles', but I can't seem to
cure it.
I've used ink cartridge after ink cartridge on both (thank heavens they're
cheap), and I've used the cleaning cartridges also on both, which were more
expensive than regular ink cartridges..
The 640 has a problem with the black mainly, and the 760 has a problem
printing red in any shape or form. Anything red is either invisible on a
print, or yellow.
I've even tried to print page after page of red, just to try to unclog the
nozzles, but I feel like I'm getting nowhere fast.
I had this same problem once before with an older Epson stylus colour
printer, which wouldn't print black. Eventually, the black came through and
it printed fine.
The 760 had a problem printing red some time ago also, but it seemed to
resolve itself.
I really can't afford to buy a new printer, and I'm somewhat reluctant
anyway, as usually, the 760 prints extrememely well, and the ink costs next
to nothing.
Is there anything I can do to resolve this? I usually do alot of printing,
but didn't print on either printer for a while.
My son needs a printer for his homework pictures, and I seem to have a
choice which is either print with a printer which omits any black areas, or
print on a printer which omits anything red.
Ever tried to find a picture with no black or red in it?
I'm constantly printing now, rightly or wrongly, just to try to unblock the
nozzles, but it really isn't working.
This really is driving me insane.
I would appreciate any advice also.
T.I.A.