From:
Richard Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jul 2005 18:29:09 -0400
I don't see a question in there, so I'll assume you want to see if it can be recovered.

It sounds to me like during your trip through the BIOS you changed a setting that
lost you ACCESS to the HD in the normal way it was used to...  That said, AND IF
you are very lucky, you may "still" be accessing the HD "wrong" and it might be that
any damage you have done might not be too bad...  OTOH, if proper access has already
been restored, lots of what you have done has likely "hosed" your data and system.
The HD should still be fine after a format in either case...

If you can provide the proper and correct hardware information, someone from the list
might be able to help you set the BIOS to at least "see" the HD correctly. After that,
a recovery program might not even be necessary... (More about that below.)

You may need someone with good skills -- IN PERSON to look at the computer and
see what the BIOS should be set at, and after that is correct, or at least back to what
it was when the computer worked (which is not always the same thing), have them do
an allocated space recovery with a good recovery program. (I'm thinking specifically
of something like Acronis RecoveryExpert Deluxe, but there are others.)

Good luck.                                Rick Glazier