From:
"Gary R. Tennesen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 19:56:50 -0800
Worse than a battery or CMOS jumper... Thinkpads and Latitudes have a chip
dedicated to the BIOS password that needs to be shorted in order to clear
it.

Disassemly of the laptop is required as the chip is usually located on the
bottom of the motherboard.  Using great care and patience, a paperclip can
short the chip and clear the BIOS.

It worked for me on a Dell Latitude last month.
http://qasimtoep.tripod.com/dell/dell.html

The above URL explains how to do the Dell; however, I think it may steer you
in the right direction on the IBM as well.

--gary r. tennesen

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com