Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 07:34:21 EST
In a message dated 2/26/2004 1:08:57 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:
I use Windows Explorer with WinXP Pro often. When mine opens, it is at "My
Documents" and it takes 3 or 4 clicks to get it to the folder that I want
to work with. Is there a way to make it open to the "C:" drive or to a
folder of my choice? Thanks, Bob Lendrim
Hi,
  You can do that. Drag a shortcut to the desktop (or wherever is
convenient). Then right click on the shortcut, and choose "Properties". Under the
"Shortcut" tab, there is a box labelled "target". In that box is a line that points
to explorer.exe, such as: C:\WINNT\explorer.exe    (yours may be
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe).
  Add the following to the line:  /n,/e,C:\  so that when done the line looks
like: C:\WINNT\explorer.exe /n,/e,C:\
  The C:\ at the end is where explorer will open, you can change to have it
open to any folder on the hard drive. For instance, if you wanted you could
have it open at C:\Program Files by changing it to :
C:\WINNT\explorer.exe /n,/e,C:\Program Files

HTH,
Peter Hogan

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml