From:
Chris Rivenbark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 19:23:17 -0700
[R. Torres Wrote]
"...You didn't mention if you were connected to a network..."

I did indicate that the network functionality was returned.
"...networking function is returned (can see local system and other nodes on the
LAN now in Network Neighborhood)..."

Symptoms are the same regardless of TCP/IP Auto or assigned.  This is a simple
workgroup - no DHCP servers, etc.  Just (3) Win98 clients peer-to-peer.  File
and printer sharing over NETBUI (not bound to TCP/IP).

===

The IRQ situation is slippery w/ these machines.  I did the dance of installing
the expansion cards in various orders, etc.  Though there were'nt any apparent
IRQ conflicts,  "no one" would stay put.  The PCI Video board would slip and
slide IRQ's regardless of what order the remaining cards were installed in.  I
even tried reserving certain IRQ's in Device Manager to force the cards to take
different IRQs.  No change.  The NIC would take IRQ 9, 10, or 11 (as would the
Video board - depending upon the configuration and install order.)  This is an
older mobo - unfortunately the IRQs cannot be assigned to particular slots like
they can on newer boards now.  This is an earlier "Plug and Pray" motherboard.

It escapes me now what the last "fix" yielded in IRQ assignments.  I'll be
"visiting" the machine in the a.m. - will see then.

Thanx again for your contributions - they are really appreciated.

--
Chris Rivenbark

                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>