Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 14:37:37 +1300
If it was just one board you were having probs with I'd say it was the board.  If it's happened with two of them it's either extremely coincidental or a setting peculiar to that mobo.  Some boards I've used have  come with the CMOS jumper set in the 'Clear' position.
Have you checked that?  Or if not, tried clearing the CMOS with the jumper in the 'Clear' position for about 20 seconds? (disconnect the power lead 1st)
Or, tried resetting the BIOS to 'Failsafe' defaults?  Talking to the vendor?  What does the beep sequence do when you progressively remove all hardware, including the CPU?
(Don't do what I did once, absentmindedly removed the heatsink but not the cpu!)
Ian Porter
Computer Guys
Arrowtown
New Zealand