From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 23:56:45 -0700
David,

The lights are working correctly.  The green light should be lit all
the time, indicating it is connected to the network.  Which in your case,
means that even though you did not use the correct wiring spec, the cable
*IS* good.

The red LED should flicker as data is transmitted out and received in.

What you are seeing is the NIC (card) trying to talk to the other PCs
on the network.  Basically it keeps sending "Hello, is anyone there?"
and it isn't getting an answer.

I don't believe that you have a hardware problem because the green LED
stays lit all the time.  I think your problem in the network configuration
for this one PC.  REcheck all the settings for the network -- workgroup
name,
network protocol, client service, etc.

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting     Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol   International Webmasters Association
=====