From:
dorothy jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 00:29:57 -0000
Some printers makers don't like the idea of us refilling our cartridges,
they want us to pay not price for new ones so, in some models they
introduced a chip which, if you fill cartridge no 1 and put it back in, your
printer will not recognise the full level, sending you a message,"this
cartridge is empty, please insert a new one. Printer chips can't count past
3 so, if you refill the first one and insert it as no 4, it thinks there is
a new cartridge in the machine.

Dorothy Jones