From:
Tom Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 2005 08:48:58 -0800
My first thought is an overheating problem. During the power supply
replacement some component(s) may have become disconnected or dislodged. I
would double check the following:

Firm connection of heat sink and fan to CPU.
All fans are connected to power sources including CPU fan, video card fan
(if any), and any case fans.
Power supply fan(s) working when computer is first turned on.
Excessive dust, particularly around fans and the CPU heat sink.

While inside case, check all data and power connectors to make sure they are
firmly connected and check the RAM to make sure it is firmly seated.

If the foregoing does not solve the problem, set the BIOS to "default"
settings. Once the computer is operational, the BIOS settings can be reset
as desired.

If still not completing the boot process, there is likely an operating
system error. Try booting to "safe mode" and do diagnostics/repairs from
there. If it will not boot to safe mode, your friend will likely have to get
an OS installation disk and use it to repair the OS if possible.

Hope this helps.

Tom Mayer