From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Dec 1999 00:39:58 -0500
> Hello everyone.  I have a problem with my CDRW that I was hoping someone
> could help me with.  ABout two months ago I replaced my Abit BH6
> motherboard with an Abit BE6.  Ever since that time I have been unable
> to burn CD's for the most part.  I can always erase a CDRW, but EZCD
> Creator and CDRwin always give me a bufferunderun problem.  I never had
> this problem until after the new mobo was installed.  Nothing else has
> changed.  I am using a BE6 with a PIII 450, 128 meg PC 100 RAM, a
> Yamaha, 4261 IDE CDRW, and two Hardrives.  The rest is just standard
> video and sound cards, along with a modem.  My mobo has been upgraded to
> the latest bios version.

     Well a few things. First, when you changed the motherboard did you wipe
and reinstall Windows? If not, did you at least delete all the system
elements in device manager and had them automatically redetect? I don't know
the extent of the differences between these two boards, however it is
possible that the IDE controller drivers don't like what your current board
has. Try deleting those devices in device manager and let them redetect. Did
your new board come with a driver floppy or CD? Try installing those. It
sounds to me that you have a resource conflict, something is trying to use
something the IDE controllers need and that is leading to problems. Hope
this helped, TTYL

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html