From:
Dan Kucherich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 15:23:24 -0400
Hello,
Actually, I installed 2 1100's in a school lab using jetdirect print servers
and I haven't really had problems.  So I kindof fibbed about my personal
experience with that model.  I did read on www.cnet.com reviews on the 1100
and a lot of people said they had problems.

I've had nothing but trouble with the 5L's and 6L's (which is the
predecessor to the 1100) although I have one in my office and it works well.
Several people have them and I must get at least one call a week with a
problem.  But sometimes you can't entirely blame the printer.  I see people
load crumpled paper into them, reload used paper into them with new paper
without taking all the paper out first, switch the bottom/top paper exit
switch while the printer is printing, don't put the paper rests up and the
paper is hanging in the feeder bent over...etc.

I only have 3 1100's including an 1100A with the scan/copy feature.  And
they have been good so far except for one time it wouldn't print from
application (was 'stuck') until I rebooted the computer and disconnected and
reconnected the power to the printer.  Then it was fine.

Dan

> dan, we installed an 1100 in each of our 20 classrooms 2 years ago and
> haven't had any problems. they are peer shared in PC pods of 4 thru one of
> the computers. we also added the scanner/copier attachment which teachers
> love because they don't have to run to the office for  a few copies. i'm
> wondering if you'd share some of the problems you had with your 1100?
thank
> you.
>
> Chuck Finnigan

                     support at our newest website: