Date:
Mon, 28 Nov 2005 23:58:17 -0500
Most likely the drivers on the CD are old and won't work with XP. You can go to www.hp.com and click on support, downloads, drivers.  When you get to the space that asks you to type in the name of the device, type in "deskjet 648c" without the quotes.  It will ask what operating system, choose XP.  You can download the drivers from there.  It will have instructions for installation also.  Before you do that uninstall whatever you have installed for this printer, then restart Windows.  You should get a dialog box on new hardware found with an option to allow Windows to automatically install the software.  XP may have the driver for this HP printer.  It won't have as many features as the HP downloaded driver, but if it has the drivers Windows will do a better job of installing them.

Ruth <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I have a HP Pavilion MX70 computer and a HP Deskjet 648C printer.  I recently upgraded to XPHome and cannot add my printer.  It get to the point to ask me to insert CD and it appears to be copying files.  Nothing is really happening and I finally get a Not Responding message.  I think the CD is bad.  Where can I find a downloadable print driver file to use to add my printer??  Thanks for your help.

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>