From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 08:08:37 -0800
Windows NT and Win2k (aka NT ver 5) does not use the BIOS portion of the
computer to access the hardware while Win95/98 does. If Win2k does not load
the proper driver into memory to access your hard disk, it is possible to
get the kind of problems you are describing. What is the interface on the
drive - ATA33, ATA66? Are there special IDE drivers available for your
specific controller chip? Check the manufacturer site for driver that are
designed for use with Win2k and tell Win2k during install that you have
additional drivers to add.

Hope this may be of help.

Peter Shkabara
http://gocolumbia.org/shkabarap <http://gocolumbia.org/shkabarap>