From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 00:20:15 -0800
I have a new ABIT BE6 II with two ULTRA 66 drives...a IBM Deskstar and a
Seagate Barracuda.
Powerquest's Drive Image Professional 3.0 will not load in DOS and will not
install in windows.
Attempting to do so results in a LOCK. Drive Image apparently can not
recognize the ULTRA 66 controller. You will have to wait until PowerQuest
comes out with a patch for this.

I have also noticed problems with Norton Disk Doctor 2000 and System
Commander 3.04 reporting errors in the extended partition of both drives
even though there are no errors. However with these programs you can just
ignore the message and everything works OK. I would think most if not all
Disk utility programs will report some kind of error.

ULTRA 66 is cutting edge technology and we will just have to wait until
software utility companies catch up and ULTRA 66 driver manufacturers
resolve compatibility issues.

>Until now I have not got imaging a partition using MPE3043AT HDD in an
>UDMA66 environment, with Power Quest Drive Image(pqdi)
>Does any one have experienced crc  and other errors using UDMA 66 and pqdi?
>Roberto

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html