From:
Larry Fisk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2001 17:22:17 -0600
David;
I was wondering about this myself, as I have been playing with firewire here
lately.
found this link that has some good info :
http://www.homenethelp.com/web/review/Firewire-InHome-Networks.asp

Looks like you can just use a regular cable to connect the two computers via
firewire cards.
you just need a cable with the proper pin arrangement,  for example -6pin-
6pin

Also found an inexpensive Pcmcia firewire adapter for laptops:
http://eshop.macsales.com/Item_DealMac.cfm?ID=3480&Item=NT7FW2GOPC
works on both m**s and PCs :-)

   Sounds like only windows ME supports firewire networking
without additional ethernet emulation  software.
Here is a link to "Firenet" software page:
http://www.unibrain.com/products/ieee-1394/firenet.htm
You can download a free demo.
looks like more info there.