From:
Bill Swingle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 10:54:45 -0800
I'm new to this list so if I am off base or there is another place I can
find out answers to my questions please point me in the right direction. I'd
like to know where I can find out how to install CD ROMs.

I believe that when you acquire a CD ROM with an IDE interface and you have
a newer model machine you plug it in, configure CMOS and W95 recognizes it.
If it does not recognize it you can put in the appropriate drivers and
configure it in config.sys and autoexec.bat.   How about newer CD ROMs in
older hardware such as 386 and 486 machines?

Where can I get details on installing CD ROMS on old and new machines?

If I have an older 1X,2X,4X CD ROM and I don't have the original interface
card can I still use the CD ROM?  Are they also IDE interface?

Bill Swingle