From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 20:35:54 -0400
Stephen,

If your config.sys is exactly as you have shown it in your email, then you
have at least 11 lines.  Blank lines count too
.
Line 7 is the SHELL = statement and there IS an error. You need a space
between the C:\ and the /E:
And I believe that /E: is the switch for the environment size.  If so, then
there should be some numbers immediately after the colon, like a 512.

Although with Windows 98 the only thing you need in your config.sys is the
last statement for the CD rom.  And - depending on the CD rom - you *might*
not need that either.

My suggestion is delete all the blank lines and then to put a semi-colon in
front of EVERY line save it and reboot.
If all your software still works, then you can delete all the lines in
config.sys except the last.  If the CD is still accessible, you can
completely delete config.sys -- it's not needed.  If the CD does not work,
then remove the semi colon and reboot.

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting        Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol     International Webmasters Association
410-543-8996                MS Site Builder Network - Level 2 member
=====