From:
John Hillen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 06:19:18 -0500
Mary-Belle,

        You have a file in your Registry or your System.ini file that is trying to
load each time you boot.  Perform a search of your System.ini file located
in you Windows folder for any instances of that file (z:vvinesd.386) and
delete it.  Then perform a search of your Registry for that file and delete
it also.  You should be fine after that.

Hope this helps.
John

various protocols in my Windows>Settings>Network.  I was having trouble
with my internet connection, and tech support instructed me to remove
most all of the protocols, including Banyan.  I did this, but am now
getting an error message on reboot or cold boot that reads as follows:

"Cannot find a device file that may be needed to run Windows or a
Windows application.

The Windows registry or SYSTEM.INI file refers to this device file but
the device file no longer exists.

If you deleted this file on purpose, try uninstalling the associated
application using its uninstall or setup program.

If you still want to use the application associated with this device
file try reinstalling that application to replace the missing file

z:vvinesd.386

Press a key to continue"

I'd like to take care of this problem.  Any help would certainly be
appreciated.

--
Mary-Belle
Wife to my sweetheart, Brian