From:
Lynn Tracy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Oct 2004 10:50:42 -0500
For some reason, I can't reply to the original poster?

It's difficult to mesh older & newer hardware at times.  The 24 pin connector must be new- I don't have it on a new PS I bought a week ago.  There are obviously some motherboards that must utilize the 24 pin as I do see adapters that go from 20-24.  That white, 6 pin connector- I don't know what that is- I've built 8 PC's & never used it.  The one that has 4 (2 over 2) is for certain CPU's (my last Celeron needed it).

I recently built a PC for a family member moving from Win 95 to XP.  The old power supply was AT style- which doesn't work with new motherboards (ATX).

You can find out a lot on power supplies by using the Google.com search engine.  Type in "power supply specs" or other suc
h search terms.  Once you know the what the different types are, you can enter that into Google & then use the "images" tab at the top to see pictures of the supplies.

Hope this helps?

Lynn Tracy