From:
Yui Shin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 15:08:22 -0800
Hi, I had this happen a couple of times after slaving
a high speed cd-rom with UDMA support to a
standard hard drive.The 430VX chipset motherboard
also did not have UDMA controllers. The BIOS
autodetect would sometimes timeout and not see the
boot drive. I disabled Autodetect in BIOS by
forcing user settings and showing NONE for the
CDROM. Also, setting up the cd drive as secondary
master worked in a different instance.
hope this helps
-yui shin