From:
"Susan S. Hays" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 20:23:19 EST
Hi folks, it's me again.  I have tried everything!  Tonight I am going to try
to download an update to my BIOS from Gateway.  This has gotten to be
rediculous to say the least.  I have spent hours and hours installing,
uninstalling, going into the Device Manager, trying the below suggestion, and
nothing works.  I have just about given up.  I have tried the software that
came with my scanner, software received from HP, letting WindowsME install
the driver, which by the way, it can't seem to find.  Any comments on an
update to my BIOS from Gateway.  Do you think it will solve the problem or am
I just wasting more time?

And yes, I have check my BIOS.  From what I can tell everything is enabled.
There are no yellow exclamation points in the Device Manager.  Funny thing
though, when fooling around with my USB port, my mouse freezes every time.
My mouse is not an USB mouse so I don't know what the deal is with that.
However, my mouse is located directly above my USB port in the back.  I have
also downloaded the driver off the HP site thinking maybe that would work,
but no luck.  I do thank everyone for all your suggestions and believe me, I
have tried them all step by step.

Thanks,
Susan Hays