From:
MIKE BODAK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 2004 10:35:07 -0700
--- Jeff Lane <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Mike,
>
> I don't recall the whole thread but it sounds like something is shorted
> or
> not properly seated. If you have re-seated everything, including the
> CPU, I
> would recommend stripping everything out except the video and start from
> there. If it works ok there then install the floppy drive and see if you
> can
> boot to a bootable floppy disk. If you don't have one you can go to
> http://www.bootdisk.com and make one from another PC. If that works then
> install the harddrive and detect it in the BIOS. If that holds I would
> recommend formatting it with DOS and boot to it. You  don't care how big
> the
> drive is or what is on it at this point, just that it works. If that
> works,
> install the CD drive....don't worry about drivers at this time. If that
> holds run fdisk and remove the bootable partition on the harddrive. From
> this point you will probably have found the culprit(or with some other
> device down the line) and should be home free.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Jeff
Thanks Jeff,
That is where I am at now have taken everything out except the video card,
and the cpu....I have re-seated all the hardware and still shuts itself
down after about 15 seconds....My next guess is something wrong with the
mobo, processor, or both  ???  Those are the only things left....

Anymore advice is appreciated...
Thanks,
Mike Bodak

http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush