Date:
Sat, 8 Nov 2003 16:16:25 +1300
Yeah, I tried all the usual stuff Mike - I just wondered if anyone could come up with some recovery system I wasn't aware of.

Turned out the drive was 'puckarooed' (in NZ parlance) - dead, unserviceable, stuffed etc.

I installed it on a system as the sole drive with a fresh ribbon cable, and it spun up ok, but the minute it started, it clunked and clattered like an old cement mixer, so I'd guess it's definitely history now.

Thanks again to all who responded.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown