From:
Tony Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 14:58:23 -0800
I couldn't disagree more.
I've upgraded two of my personal computers to XP.  One is an AMD Athlon XP
1700+ which I use daily (haven't turned it off in several weeks.)  I use it
for general household use, games, several telnet applications and an
automated database compiling program.  The upgrade went without a hitch.
Granted, I can't use the older version of PC Anywhere any more and there
are a couple of *old* games that don't quite work right.  But, the benefits
of stability and additional speed far outweight these minor issues.
The other machine is my 17 year old daughter's machine.  She uses it much
less frequently, and it's an older Athlon 750 that I pieced together over
time.  I ran the upgrade advisor before installing and I was warned that it
WOULD NOT work due to a conflict with the video card and the motherboard.
I bought a new video card but had the same message.  So, I did the install
anyways and I must say, it runs great!  MUCH faster than the old Win98 that
was installed.

Tony Mayer
Sysop
The Magic FunHouse BBS
http://bbs.magicom.net

>Boy!  I wouldn't upgrade to XP.  NOt only will some of your programs not
>work.............a lot of your hardware won't either.
>        Wanda Irby in Seymour in the great State of TEXAS, USA
>
>                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
>                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
>                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>

                         PCBUILD's List Owners: