From:
Richard Tan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 08:08:40 +0800
Hi,

Has anybody on the list come across or have heard of the Trident AGP 9750?
I went with a friend looking to get a replacement card for his S3 Virge PCI
video card and came across this card.  It comes with 4MB RAM.  I've checked
the Trident website but the only card that has anything remotely '975' in
the model number is a 3D accelerator card and this AGP 9750 looked too small
to be a 3D card, and looks kinda lika a regular 2D card.  Needless to say,
the shop assistant was absolutely no help!

The question is will this work in place of his existing 2D graphics card?
And will there be any performance gains to be expected?  Furthermore, will
this card be happy if he was to get a Voodoo II 3dfx card later, which is
what he's planning?

His hardware is an Aplus VX mobo, P166, 32MB EDO RAM, Quantum 2.1G HDD, MPEG
card, 24X LG CDROM, S3 Virge 2MB PCI card, Creative SB16 card, and running
Windows 95.

Thanks for your help.
Richard Tan