From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 2005 02:07:33 -0400
"I can't reach F8"? F8 is one of the function keys at the top of the
keyboard, so I don't understand this. Begin tapping this key as soon as
you turn thr power on. Read the BIOS instruction carefully, as they can
be confusing.
Dell will offer service on any of their machines, regardless of the
ownership. You can also try their forums.
Amy's instructions are probably correct (They would work on all Dells I
have seen).

alan smith wrote:

>Amy, thanks for the idea, but this is a 5 year old DELL and there is no
>default on this setup, and since it doesn't find the CD or hard drive,
>I can't reach F8. And, since I bought it used, I can't go to DELL for
>help.  Somebody must know how to program the BIOS chip????
>                                                    AL SMITH
>
>Amy Ledford <[log in to unmask]> wrote:As it is trying to start up, hit either F2 or F8
>repeatedly, and it should go into setup mode. On the
>boot menu, you can change it back, or on the Advanced
>menu, you can restore defaults.
>
>Amy Ledford
>--- alan smith wrote:
>

>>Can someone tell me how to restore the boot sequence
>>in my computer?
>>I somehow changed it from floppy, CD, hard drive to
>>floppy only, now it won't start up!
>>OS Win2Kpro, P4 2.5Ghz in a DELL Optiplex GX200
>>rev A04

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>