From:
Graham Cunliffe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jun 1999 22:49:25 -0700
Can anyone advise me as to why Windows98 would lock-up trying to install
a Netgear PNP FA310TX Fast Ethernet PCI card. The OS jumps to restart
after stalling a while when detecting the card on startup, and then
tells me that Windows encountered a problem addressing/communicating
with the card, and will not try again with this device. I have a VIA
chipset on a DFI supersocket-7 board, and did once have the card working
on the board, until I re-installed it with a new AGP Quantum3D
Raven-Banshi graphics card and PC100 SDRAM. I tried different slots, but
the same problem occurs. The card works fine on my Intel chipset board,
with older hardware.
Thanks, Graham C.

                            The NOSPIN Group
                            http://nospin.com