From:
Russell Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 08:00:22 -0500

Mark Rode wrote in response:

> Are you positive about this ?
> Iomega told me on the phone this morning that for simple access I did not
> have to load DOS drivers.

  The Compaqs I have with internal Zips do not natively see the drives
in DOS mode. I can use guest.exe from the Version 6.0 Iomega Tools to
activate it in DOS. A batch file could call that drive up using
guest.exe without invoking a driver in autoexec.bat.

> Which means I don't need to load DOS drivers in order to copy to the drive ? ?
> How reliable are the drives....do you have problems with bad sectors?

  I'd say they are very reliable, but not as good as a regular hard
drive. I prefer the Jaz myself for better reliability and higher
storage.

Later,

Russell Smith
Edtech Consultant, Journalist