From:
Leif Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jul 1998 21:28:34 +0900
Gonzo,

I have a 12x12 Kurta IS/ONE tablet, I wouldn't recommend it, because
it has such a low resolution (200 I believe). 12x12 is nice, but in
absolute positioning (meaning a point on your pad is a point on the
screen (not like a mouse), I found it kind of a large area to have to
move around on. I could have partitioned off the tablet into a smaller
chunk, but I never really tried it. Another reason I don't recommend
it is it's not a cordless stylus, nor does it have all the different
levels of pressure recognition on both the eraser or "pen" part. It
does however work perfectly in synch with my PS/2 mouse. I can switch
between either just by moving the mouse or stylus in any program
(Haven't tried this in DOS though.)

You have plenty of computer for a tablet.

I have heard good recommendations about the Wacom ArtZ II tablets.

Hope this helps...

On Wednesday, 15 July 1998, at 9:50 AM you wrote:

> I'm looking for recommendations on graphics tablets. I've pretty much
> decided on a 12x12 but I'm not sure what brand.

Leif Gregory

Virtual Book Of Knowledge (VBOK)
VBOK Editor     <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
VBOK Homepage   <http://www.0rdernet.com/VBOK/>
VBOK Newsletter <mailto:[log in to unmask]>