From:
Paul David Shea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 15:47:43 -0500
Hello,

Today i encountered a problem, I instaled a small software patch for an audio program that froze my computer. After rebooting, it got to loading windows and then stopped and said "cannot load windows because it cannot find win.com" and goes to c:\ i then figured out that win.com is  DOS based or is DOS. I can then at the c:\ type c:\windows\win.com and my system boots no problem at all because i am telling it where it is. How can i correct it so it will find win.com on it's own at bootup?? also if i try to load DOS at command prompt it will not even load DOS, untill i tell it where win.com os. I can however get into DOS when i restart from windows to MS-DOS mode. Whats going on?? and where is this all coming from??? if anybody can help i would appreciate it much.

Regards

Paul David Shea

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml