From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 11:21:44 -0800
On 21 Mar 98 at 12:46, Jerry J. Fear wrote:

> You are right, of course, that the only solution is to erase and
> re-partition the drive.  But, since I don't know what went wrong
> the first time, I don't know how to keep from getting the same
> results.
>
> I'd be happy to hear from anyone with experience with this X
> stuff, or even from anyone who has even heard of FAT32X.

  Is that an EIDE or a SCSI hard drive?  I have a hunch that you'd
never see FAT32X if LBA is not being used, although I've
misunderstood something similar before....  [If it's SCSI, I may be
able to complete the logical link and explain what FAT32X is....]

  If you're resigned to erasing and repartitioning, I'd create your
first 2GB partition (tell OSR2 FDISK that you don't want support for
large drives...), and then use Partition Magic to create the
additional partitions/volumes -- and to convert the first one to
FAT32 if that's what you want.  This should sidestep the whole FAT32X
issue.

David G