From:
John Sproule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 09:11:53 -0500
I'm probably just asking to make things more difficult instead of easier,
but I was wondering if there was a way to set up a dual boot sytem with
WinXP and Win98 so WinXP ends up on the C: Drive and Win98 ends up on
anything something else.

I keep ending up with Win98 on the C: drive.  If you are working in WinXP,
some programs still will assume that C: is the default operating system
drive, and if you aren't paying attention, you'll end up with files being
written to the Win98 partition.

Win98 can't see the NTFS partition, so there wouldn't be a problem with
Win98 writing to the WinXP partition (assuming it was formatted as NTFS).
I'm guessing that this is also the problem that I'm up against, since Win98
can't see the NTFS partition, it will always assume that the C: letter
assignment is available and use it.

Thanks,

John Sproule

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: