From:
"Lagasse, Paul" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 1998 15:58:33 -0400
I installed a new 3.2 GB Western Digital HD as the primary C:,  after
installing Windows 95 I find that upon a COLD BOOT the startup and
shutdown (2) screens do not appear.  On a WARM BOOT all screens appear
normally.  I have tried setting the wait time on the system (BIOS) setup
screen to 5 seconds to give the drive a chance to spin up but no luck.
When windows shuts down I simply get a black screen with 2 lines of text
saying OK to shut down the computer and hit Ctrl-Alt-Del to reboot (Not
GUI).  On Startup where the normal Windows screen should appear the
screen stays in the DOS mode until the desktop appears.

Paul Lagasse