From:
Thomas Bubacz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 08:15:07 EST
"Mike Bridges" <[log in to unmask]> Wrote:

| Could someone tell me why I can't get a mirophone to work ... <snip>

It may not be a software problem.
There are "mono" and "stereo" Microphones.  If your sound card has a
"microphone" jack,  it will accept either a "mono" OR a  "stereo" microphone.
Check your sound card's documentation.

As for the microphone, the plug of a "stereo" type will be divided by two
rings of plastic to seperate the "right" and "left" channels from each other.
It appears from another post that you can convert you "stereo" microphone into
a "mono" one by use of an adapter.

Thomas Bubacz