Date:
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 17:19:05 +1300
Yeah, I reckon it's got gremlins.  Get another mobo and chalk it up to
'yet-another-computer-mystery'

Life's too short to sod about trying to fix problem devices!

Re the 'Removeable Drive A' thing, I've had that happen to my own rig once
or twice.  After beating my brains out over it for a few days, I finally
ignored it and it eventually went away by itself.

There is one other possibility, but I'm sure you already tried it.  Leave
the mobo battery out overnight, then see what happens the next day.

For some reason, this seems to have a different effect to shorting out the
CMOS jumpers.

FWIW, I'll add another CMOS tip, kindly supplied by a distributor's tech -
if the CMOS has no jumpers to short, and I've run across several new mobos
like this of late, you can, of course, search for solder blobs adjacent to
the battery, and these can be shorted. (Turn off the power to the computer
first)

But his tip was to simply short out the battery holder.  This a lot easier
to do than to try and short out a couple of squinty little solder blobs.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown
New Zealand

From: "Steve @ Steve's P.C.'s" Subject: [PCBUILD] Computer tantrums !! Part
two

Greetings Listers,
Thank you to all that reponded, both on and off the list. Seems that the
trusty Logitech PS 2 mouse was the culprit of NO MOUSE.